The College Scout Performance Academy has opened up additional spots at this Sunday’s (2/23) prep football combine! All 9th, 10th, and 11th graders are encouraged to attend. Register ASAP before the additional spots are gone at www.csperformanceacademy.com.
- All combine event scores: height, weight, vertical jump, broad jump, 40, pro agility, bench press, powerball.
- Coaching on each event by professional football and sports performance coaches.
- Extended time and reps to improve at each combine drill with concentrated time spent on 40 and pro agility.
- Sophomores can be selected to the CSPA Big 33 Sophomore Watch List.
- Performance combine shirt included.
- Three free personal training sessions at Power Train Sports Institute, Columbia.
- Opportunity to be invited to select recruiting event later in spring.
For more information contact Brian Bassett at email@example.com
As part of the Maryland Contract with the Big 33 Football Classic and the Big 26 Baseball Classic, Mount Hebron Seniors are entitled to scholarships being offered by these organizations.
All interested students should click on the link below to fill out the application and attach a 600 word essay to the application. Applications also need to be certified by the high school counselor which is on Page 4 of the application. The deadline date for submission of the Big 33 Scholarship Application is March 14, 2014.
If you have any questions on the scholarship program you may contact Carolyn Raup at 717-774-3303
to navigate to the 2014 MD Scholarship Application.
College Scout Performance Academy is offering a prep combine and academic eligibility session for football players interested in playing college football. At the combine you will receive:
- College Admissions Information
- Professional instruction on combine drills
- Plenty of reps for every participant
- College coaches get your info for recruiting
- Held in a professional training facility
- Combine scholarships available!
Power Train Sports Institute Columbia is also offering three FREE sessions of training the week prior to the combine to all combine participants!
Here is the link to more info and registration:
School Counselor Patrick Miles has made available a copy of the Athletic Recruiting Toolkit he put together for the NCAA Night. It its available for family/student on Naviance under the document library and also is available via the link below.
2013 Athletic Toolkit
· Statistics of NCAA athletes
· Creating a realistic college list for athletes/to do list for juniors
· Do and Don’ts
· DI, II, and III differences
· Financial Aid info
· Eligibility rules
· Academics requirements (NOTE: there are NEW requirements for students beginning college in Aug 2016…which would be current sophomores)
· DI and II worksheets
· Questions for coaches/visits
· Sample athletic resumes
For more info on this please see Patrick.
The Mount Hebron football team earned its 3rd win of the season over Oakland Mills. This was an all around team win with big plays occurring on both offense and defense, and one of the plays was chosen as a top 10 play of the week. Check out the link below to see the play.
Top 10 play of the week
To see more pictures of the game, see Gale stones photos here
The deadline to turn in ticket money has been extended. Players need to turn in their ticket sales money to Coach Zacharias or Coach McCarthy by Friday.
Players that have not dropped off their syrup and juice donations have until Friday.
We still need volunteers for the pancake breakfast. Please sign up to volunteer for one of the second shift positions by clicking on the link below.
JV players will be split into 2 shifts by jersey number so student athletes with a low number will have the early shift this year and higher numbers the later shift. SO if you have to bring your player up to school anyway, stick around and lend a hand! We need everyone!!
School has started and Homecoming - September 21st - vs. Centennial is quickly approaching! Every year, the Mt. Hebron Football families help kick off Homecoming Day with an amazing event – a pancake breakfast! Last year, approximately 1,200 members of the community enjoyed fun, food and entertainment.
The Pancake Breakfast Committee (PBC) is gearing up again for this year’s event but it won’t get done without your help! Please sign up to volunteer for a shift by clicking on the link below. Note that the JV players will be split into 2 shifts by jersey number so student athletes with a low number will have the early shift this year and higher numbers the later shift. SO if you have to bring your player up to school anyway, stick around and lend a hand! We need everyone!!
The PBC will also be collecting syrup (from JV) and juice (from Varsity) at the beginning of both Saturday practices - Sept 7th and 14th - at the school. Details regarding those donations will be handed out soon to each student athlete with the 10 breakfast tickets ($5 ea.) that we are asking him to sell.
Also remember the spiritwear site will be open until August 30th and all deliveries will be delivered to the school for pick-up the week of September 16- in time for Homecoming!