The 2014 football season will be the start of the 50th anniversary of Mt. Hebron High School and it’s sure to be an exciting time! There will be a parent meeting on March 20, 2014 where coaches will provide information on summer workouts, camps and important deadlines. There will also be details on how to get involved to help out with some fun events that will be held during the season.
When: Thursday March 20th, 6:15pm
Where: Bethany Lane Baptist Church,
3030 Bethany Ln, Ellicott City MD 21043
The College Scout Performance Academy has opened up additional spots at this Sunday’s (2/23) prep football combine! All 9th, 10th, and 11th graders are encouraged to attend. Register ASAP before the additional spots are gone at www.csperformanceacademy.com.
- All combine event scores: height, weight, vertical jump, broad jump, 40, pro agility, bench press, powerball.
- Coaching on each event by professional football and sports performance coaches.
- Extended time and reps to improve at each combine drill with concentrated time spent on 40 and pro agility.
- Sophomores can be selected to the CSPA Big 33 Sophomore Watch List.
- Performance combine shirt included.
- Three free personal training sessions at Power Train Sports Institute, Columbia.
- Opportunity to be invited to select recruiting event later in spring.
For more information contact Brian Bassett at email@example.com
- College Admissions Information
- Professional instruction on combine drills
- Plenty of reps for every participant
- College coaches get your info for recruiting
- Held in a professional training facility
- Combine scholarships available!
Power Train Sports Institute Columbia is also offering three FREE sessions of training the week prior to the combine to all combine participants!
School Counselor Patrick Miles has made available a copy of the Athletic Recruiting Toolkit he put together for the NCAA Night. It its available for family/student on Naviance under the document library and also is available via the link below.
· Statistics of NCAA athletes
· Creating a realistic college list for athletes/to do list for juniors
· Do and Don’ts
· DI, II, and III differences
· Financial Aid info
· Eligibility rules
· Academics requirements (NOTE: there are NEW requirements for students beginning college in Aug 2016…which would be current sophomores)
· DI and II worksheets
· Questions for coaches/visits
· Sample athletic resumes
For more info on this please see Patrick.
The Mount Hebron football team earned its 3rd win of the season over Oakland Mills. This was an all around team win with big plays occurring on both offense and defense, and one of the plays was chosen as a top 10 play of the week. Check out the link below to see the play.
To see more pictures of the game, see Gale stones photos here